Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Wednesdays are the best days, day 11

I love Wednesdays so much. To start, it's my only middle of the week day to have my little guy home with me. And we usually stay home quite a bit. I let him stay in his pajamas as long as possible and he is literally my little shadow for the day.  Here's an example of how our Wednesdays are usually spent:

 Today he had his first dentist appointment - a cleaning and checkup. After spending numerous hours at the dentist's (his sisters go every 3 weeks!) he was so excited to have his own appointment. He did great sitting so still and using great manners. I was one proud mom!

Another awesome part of Wednesdays is the group of 5th and 6th graders that I help "shepherd" during their Wednesday night "Xite Nites".  Every Wednesday at 4:00 there is nothing I want more than to stay home.  But I press on and by 7:30, there is nothing I want more than to stay with these kids longer.  It is such a blessing to me to see them grow and discover their relationships with Jesus.  Tonight, everyone had to write down a word that would be their prayer word every day of 2012.  I already knew my word was JOY, and I had committed to finding God's joy in all of the little things around me this year.  But I was not expecting to hear the words those sweet kids wrote.
My Grandpa
Love More
Problems at Home
Stop Stealing
My Mom's Health
There are some heavy issues in that group.  My own MJ's word was LAZINESS, which I knew belonged to her the moment it was read out loud.  We have discussed it many times when I have said she was not lazy, but unmotivated to do things on her own.  Clean her room, brush her teeth, apologize, homework, practice piano, read her Bible, pray.  Yes, my little guy at the dentist was cute, but the true source of joy that God provided for me today was hearing MJ pray at home tonight that God would help her to become more interested in His word and prayer.  That was the best part of my day!


No comments:

Post a Comment