Friday, January 27, 2012

Oh boy, day 27

If you have a boy, whether he is 3 or 30, you simply must read Ann Voskamp's post on (In)courage today.  Such a beautiful picture of a mother's love for her son.  It has been almost 4 years to the date that I found out I would be the mother of a boy, of a man, one day.  I was unprepared for the fierceness of his love and attachment to me.  What a source of joy he is to me - this little bundle of energy and excitement and mischief!  Here are a few of my favorite excerpts from Ann's post:

I remember when you were small enough to hold in my arms, warm against me, this sun bathed stone, us engraved into rock here. I hadn’t known how fast the wings would come and that you would fly into the dark, into the sun, and so soon. That when you became a man, I’d feel so empty – and so very fulfilled. I wish we had read even more books.....


...The Bible’s true, son. Every infallible, sword-sharp, breathing word of it. Don’t let anyone ever rationalize one beautiful iota of it away. Love it because it’s your Life...



...I know I’ve forgotten something – many things.
This parenting gig’s an experiment in radical grace and the work of every parent is to fully give to the child. And it’s the work of every child to fully forgive the parents. This is how it turns, the torch passing from one to the next.
Remember that we made meals and beds and mistakes and memories – and look hard for the good ones.

You really should read the entire post.  As a mom with 3 young children, it is easy to get lost in the day to day routines.  It really is a blessing to stop and consider the entire journey.


No comments:

Post a Comment