Thursday, February 2, 2012

Face your fears, day 33

Tonight at our Wednesday night church activities, the 5th graders had the opportunity to climb on our rock wall that is normally reserved for the older students.  MJ is extremely afraid of heights.  She has attempted this wall many times before, but her fear just takes over.  Tonight I was so proud to see her get back up and try again.  I saw the look in her eyes and knew she wanted to escape and be anywhere but in front of her friends facing that wall.  Everyone encouraged her and even though she only made it 1/3 of the way up, she still made her mom proud.  We all have fears, but I was glad to see that her fear did not immobilize her, cause her to sit on the couch up against the wall.  She is so brave and I wish I was more like her.  A lot of days, I think the times when our children teach US are my most favorite parenting moments.



No comments:

Post a Comment