Saturday, February 4, 2012

The blink of an eye, Day 35


 I take a lot of pictures of my son sleeping.  I just love his eyelashes.  They are to die for and as a girl, I am a wee bit jealous.  I also have an 8 year old who loves to do cartwheels.  Nonstop.  Probably 100's a day. I'm always telling her, be careful, watch your feet.  And then one day little brother walked into the path of a cartwheel.  Her heel came down on his eye, pulled the eyelid down, cutting it and pulling out almost all of his upper eyelashes.  There is nothing like the sight of your child running to you holding his eye with blood on his face.  Eyeballs kind of gross me out.  Thankfully, the cut was minor.  But the lashes!  Oh my, my heart breaks every time I look at him.  I know, it's not a big deal.  They will grow back and all will be fine.  But I've been in love with those eyelashes since the doctor put him in my arms almost 4 years ago.  I can't help it if I miss them!  Anyone know what the growth cycle is for eyelashes?


No comments:

Post a Comment